Sunday, December 10, 2006

Updates on Me

Well just let me say if not being able to sign in on my blog for a while was not bad enough, what ever made me think that I could change my look and everything would work out! I do not know because I have changed my look with no problem, but when I tried to add my links, just like I was instructed, they won't show up. So Glo, I know your pain because now I say CHARLA PLEASE HELP ME!!! I love her to death and I would not know what to do without her on this site!
Since I mentioned Charla, I hope she is enjoying Oklahoma. I received a Christmas card in the mail the other day from here and I had to chuckle because I noticed that she did not have a address yet! I only laugh because I know soon, I will be doing the same thing. I am really proud of her, since we came from the same town and pretty much had the same set of friends, I know how scary it is too move. I am really proud of her for taking that step! I always told her that there was so much freedom in moving away from there, do not get me wrong, I miss and love my family very much. But it is good to stand on your own for a little while without the parents there to help out all the time. Or at least that is how I felt, and from what I am hearing from Charla she too understands what I mean. So again I am proud of you and wish you and Steve the best of luck! You never know we might be stationed somewhere close by one day!
Ok, its back to what I have been doing. Let me just start off with this: It is Sunday morning, I am at home alone (with the dog), at there is no noise! There is no "MOM will you come help me with this" or Baby what are you doing?" Nothing, no noise except for the dog cleaning his feet! LOL I am so excited! Ray and Nathan went bike riding today with one of the gunny sgt. They decided to bring Nate along so he could ride the jumps! I am only praying that he does not get hurt! Every time they go do the boy thing, I get scared, the last time they did this it was a paintball excursion. My 10 year old boy with 15 marines in a battle town. Can we say unqualified! He had a blast though! They all took care of him and made sure that he didn't get hurt! Can you imagine my son with a bunch of marines in full gear shooting paintball guns, he came back with some nice bruises. This is with a bullet proof vest! So I hope they have fun!
Work has been crazy. I love it there but it is always so busy! Maybe that is why I like. We see on an average 36 patients a day which may not sound like alot but that is 36 EKG's and 36 ECHO's (ultrasound of the heart). It gets very hectic, plus the phone calls, the refills, prepping charts for the next day and so on. Not to mention all the breaks to sit and chit chat for a few minutes. We all know to keep your sanity you have to have that!
Friday night was our Christmas party and we had such a good time, we had the party at one of the doctor's house we had all of the kids playing in the game room and upstairs while all the adults hung out on the other side of the house. The doc had a shuffle board table, which I love to play and we had soo much fun beating him at that game. I will brag on Nate for a minute, with all the kids at the party it got a little loud with all of the running and so on. But I told Nathan once to stop and he did just that stopped. He ended up playing shuffle board with one of the teenagers most of the night. I was very proud of him!
Nathan and I both had dentist appointments on Friday so I did not send him to school but he did go into to work with me, he has fun when we do that we have 6 doctors in our practice. So he has plenty to keep him busy! I am going to brag on him again. We went and bought 3 little kids Christmas and wrapped them up to give to the lady at the hospital. He had so much fun making sure that those kids would have a good Christmas. It was nice to see that he didn't care that that meant he would not be getting as much because of that! It's little things like that that let me know I must be doing something right!
Well the biggest news that I can give you is we might be getting stationed in Hawaii. We will find out on the 15th if that is where we will be going. We are so excited. After looking at Michell's trip there I want to go even more. It would be a long way away from my family but dang it would be nice to live there for awhile. LOL. So keep that in your prayers please so we will have a smooth transition.
For now I need to go do some work for the office so I will talk to you all soon!

3 comments:

Charla said...

Gee, thanks michelle for making me cry..lol..no really thank you!!! It's a huge adjustment being out here, but I LOVE IT!!!!! Things are going great, and it's amazing how much more independent I feel! You were SOOOOO right!!!! I'm glad you got your card! LOL We will hopefully have an address as of tomorrow! If things go right, we'll be signing our lease on our house tomorrow!!!! YAY!!!! As for your blog, I guess Ill help you..lol..no I'll send ya an email and help you figure it out!!! Talk to ya soon!! Love you guys!!!

~~ME~~

Shionge said...

Hiya Michelle it has been such a long time and I am so glad you are back and keeping us updated too.

So happy for you and do let us know if indeed you are travelling to Hawaii, hey so near to Asia :D

Take care and I'll be back to check on you, luv ya.

Michelle said...

Sounds like things are going good for you, minus the blog lol. I'm glad to hear that. I can't wait to hear if you'll be going to Hawaii. It certainly is beautiful there! I hope that everything continues to go well for you, and congratulations on raising such a wonderful son!