Saturday, December 30, 2006



OK finally I have a minute to sit down and do this! Every time I have tried to sit down and actually say hello to everyone out here in blog land, I am interrupted with someone who needs.

I wanted to share my favorite picture of Christmas with you all! This is my son with his new coat and his new guitar hero game sitting in his bedroom! I thought that this was just the cutest thing ever. Let me explain why: we all grew up in the country and now what it means to be a "country boy/girl" but Nathan has never truly lived in the country, he will go home to spend the summer with my parents but that is it. Family back home call him a "little surfer dude" or a "beach baby" and then our friends at our home call him a little country boy stuck in a beach body. So he has adapted to his surroundings right. Then I go and find him looking like this! Now ladies this is my little boy... Anyway its cute to me!

I hope everyone enjoyed there Christmas, I know we did. Ray's mom came up to visit us for the holiday, so we got to spend Christmas with her. We also had dinner for all the marines that did not go home for Christmas for whatever reason. Yes, I know why the little lady in Pensacola, FL told me that "if you get involved with someone in the military, then you had better get used to being put on the spot and have to entertain them boys." She was right, I found out that we were having company come over the Friday night before Christmas! After the initial freak out I was fine! I did not have enough food for everyone. LOL! Our solution: go buy two ducks and deep fry those things. LOL.. I know that sounds disgusting but oh my goodness were they ever good. And not to mention that I always have turkey for the holiday but this year I had decided to make my first ever ham and it tasted so good! I was very pleased with the dinner. I got rid of my leftovers (for the most part) by giving the marines that came over a big plate full of food to take back to the barracks so that they would have something to eat!

Well I have put it off long enough! I had told a few of you that we might be getting stationed in Hawaii and now it is official We are moving to Hawaii in March!!!! Yep that is right, I am doing another freak out! I have so much to do and not enough time to do it in. We have not told Nathan that we are going and plan on waiting until we have a date so he will not tell my parents who by the way are not happy about the possibility. Since they are on there way to my house now we will wait to tell them so we do not upset our weekend with them. I am happy and sad all at the same time. Let me explain: see we just moved here last March and Nathan really likes this school and I hate to move him again. I love my job, I mean really love my job and the girls I work with. I have never had a set of friends like them and I hate to leave them! So here I am with this exciting move coming up and I can not tell my parents, my son, my job and my friends because they will all be sad and mad and hurt all at the same time!!!! But seriously I am moving to Hawaii how cool is that!!!!

The other down side to that is that I am way out of shape and what used to be muscle has turned into fat! I have managed to make my self sick at the thought so I now have to loose some weight and get into shape. I only need to loose like 10 pounds which won't be hard but oh my goodness my body looks horrible. I am so out of shape. I am so mad at myself for letting myself go and look like this. So for the last 4 days I have been at the gym trying to fix this problem before we leave. Wish me luck, it's not gonna be easy!!!

If I do not get a chance to talk to you all I wish you all a very Happy New years!

3 comments:

Glo said...

Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about your move. I guess we all new it could happen. Just keep in touch no matter were you go.We will keep you in our prayers. Court,Char,Michelle and myself are planning to meet this summer. Wish you you would be there with us. Your a wonderful person and you'll make new friends easy. The old ones will always be here.
Love and God bless.

Michelle said...

I hope that the move goes smoothly for you. We're planning a move too, but ours is happening at the end of this next week, as long as things go the way we're hoping. Good luck getting yourself back into the shape you want. You can do it!!!

That picture is so adorable!

Nicole said...

Hawaii? My parents would be freaking out too! That is SO far away!! I hope you have a great move. And I can't wait to hear what the parents say about it. Hawaii would be such a cool place to live though. My husband would do it in a heartbeat. And maybe you could meet Dog!! You know the Bountny Hunter.