Monday, September 24, 2007

Grains for Gratitude




Look I got an award! I am so happy, I am smiling from ear to ear. This is what it says:
the thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading their blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell,and I am grateful every day for each person that I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with. I wanted to create something special for ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement. Although there are MANY people I want to give this award to at this very moment, I am going to choose ten bloggers:Please grab your badge and wear it(with a smile) proudly, and pass it on because you inspire and encourage me, thank you. So, now it is my turn to pass it on. "


Ok so I do not know of 10 people that I can send it but I will try.
1. Michelle at Big Blueberry Eyes
2. Morning Glory
3. Shionge
4. Lala
5. Code yellow mom
6. KBug

I know I am sad but I do not know how to put there link on here so this will have to work, if you would like to visit there site go to my side bar.

By the way I tried to put the award in my side bar but it would not fit, so I will be working on that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Well this week, you would of thought, would of been great, I have a new born who is healthy and so on but no it has been one of the most trying weeks of my life. So I truly need this.



1. I am grateful for the fact that although I was afraid I was not going to be able to nurse Cale because either a. no milk, or not enough (i have plenty) or b. it just dang hurts to bad. (no one mentions that when they tell you how great it is) but I find out that it is just the opposite my son is two weeks old today and he weighs 8 lbs. He weighed 6 lbs. 7 oz when he was born the little guy has almost gained 2 pounds. So I do have enough milk, and he is just greedy... and all of the soreness has went away. Big sigh there.

2. I have a wonderful son who is so protective of me and his little brother, he does everything for him that he can and does it willingly. I love him even more for this.

3. Again for my new friends on the island who love me enough to tell the truth about a situation even though they know how much it will hurt me to hear. It is never easy to get bad news, or something you think is true but just can't prove it only then to have it confirmed. It may take some time to get past but I will always be grateful for them telling me.

4. For God, because I know I take advantage of his love but He is never failing and is there for me to turn to with open arms when I come running to him with tears in my eyes. He is there to take me and hold me. There is no other feeling like it.

5. For a new hair cut, its funny how just a simple trim can make you feel so much better about yourself.

6. I am grateful for the fact that in 2 weeks I have lost 20 pounds and only have 10 more to loose to get back down to what I weighed when I got pregnant, but I am going for another 20 pounds to get back down to what I would like to weigh.

7. I am grateful that even though my mom and I do not always see I to I and we argue alot, her and my dad are coming to spend the next two weeks with me and they get here on Thursday. I am excited to spend some time with them. They have never flown before so this is huge for them. (My mom has two fears, air planes, and water, she is overcoming both of them to get here.)

8. For my new church, even though I have not been back yet since I have had Cale, I am looking forward to going again.

5 comments:

Charla said...

Michelle, I'm so happy your mom and dad are coming to see you!! It will be great for them to get to spend that time with you and the boys!

I'm so sorry though that you're having to deal with all this crap during what should be the happiest time of your life! I know that God has something wonderful for you and your boys! Although it may hurt to find out this awful truth now, it's better to know than to simply ignore your suspiscions!

I love you Michelle, you have been one of my greatest friends for many years! I thank God everyday for special friends like you that he's given me!! Keep your chin up and know that you deserve much better than this! I am always here for you no matter what!!

LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!

Michelle said...

That's so wonderful that you're parents are coming to spend a couple weeks with you and the boys.

I don't know what you're going through right now, but I do know that God always has a plan. He will get you through whatever is hurting you right now. You and the boys are in my prayers!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it on to me :)

That is great that you're able to nurse like you wanted to!

I'm sorry for whatever bad news it was your friends had to tell you about, but they are true friends when they can tell you something despite knowing it isn't something you want to hear.

How wonderful your parents are coming out for a visit! have fun!

someone else said...

Michelle, I am waaaay behind in reading some of my blogs that I enjoy. Life has been crazy lately.

First of all, congratulations on that beautiful new baby! He's precious and I love the pictures of him and Nathan.

Secondly, thank you for the You Make Me Smile award. That's really, really sweet of you.

I hope you're doing well.

kbug said...

How sweet of you to give me an award..... :) I'm glad to hear that Cale is doing so well and that you're feeling better all the time and knocking off all that baby weight. And I hope you enjoy your parents' visit. I'm sure they're looking forward to it as much as you are. I'm really sorry that you've had some kind of bad news and hope that it will all work out, whatever it is. In the meantime, you'll be in my prayers.