Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I know that we did. We got to spend time with our family and friends, since we are moving soon it was very nice. I of course can only say that now that it is over! LOL. On New Year's Eve we spent the night playing dominos with our neighbors and my parents. Nathan stayed up until after 2:00 in the morning. I was proud of him, but the last round of the mexican train that he played he was struggling to keep his eyes open. It was very cute!
I finally broke down and told my parents, while they were here, that we are moving to Hawaii in March. They took the news good. My mom cried and said no you are not moving, I'm mot letting you and in the same breath asked if she could come too. My dad who is very quiet anyway just simply "that's a long way from home." I will be honest that broke my heart because I knew what he wasn't saying. I am now and will always be daddy's little girl, I hate to see him hurt. So now the mad dash begins. I am still freaking out everytime I think about it. Not to mention we have to squeeze in a snow boarding trip, a trip to West Virginia and a trip to Florida all before March and still try to save money! We promised Nathan a ski trip this year and we can not back out of that . Oh I haven't told you this, we told Nathan that we are moving too. He was not so happy about it at first. His remarks were "mom, that is the third move I have made, I don't want to move anymore." Which any mom in the military nows what that does to your heart. He came around once we showed him pictures of Hawaii. I told him we had to look at this as a extended vacation and that we would make new friends there and then promised him while we were in Florida that he could go visit his old friends there. He is such a good kid. I love him so much! The only people that I have not told yet is the people at work, which will be the hardest. I love those girls and I do not want to leave them. It makes me cry just to think about it.
Enough about all of that. I have to go to the doctor today. I am not looking forward to it, but it is well over due. I have not been to the doctor for a well visit in like 6 years. I am now at the point where I have had a headache for the last 6 months. I can not take it anymore. I hate taking pills and I know that she is gonna make me take something but then again since I feel like I have bought stock in the Advil industry, I should probably just go ahead and get something that will work.
So I will let you all know what the doctor says. Talk to you soon!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

I know that was hard telling your parents AND your son. We moved around a lot growing up and it was hard on me, but I always adjusted. I hope telling the girls at work isn't as hard as you think. It is tough moving away from close friends for sure.

rena said...

Moving and saying goodbye to family and friends is hard...but then, making new friends and setting up in a new place (like Hawaii!!) can make up for it. At least you'll be in a place that people will want to come visit you in.
All the best for 2007

Shionge said...

Happy New Year Michelle :D I am happy for you and can understand how your parents feel coz our children will always be our little baby.

But you know what, Nathan will grow up 'faster' adjusting to new environment & making new friends. Take care and do give me your new address ok?

Michelle said...

I know what you mean about being a daddy's girl. I am too. Everytime we go and visit he lights up and we have to give him about a day warning that we will be leaving so he can adjust to the thought.

Charla said...

Hey girl, I'm glad your mom and dad got to come down for the holidays! I hope the Dr. is able to figure something out about your migraines. I know it's hard to get anything accomplished when your head feels like it's pounding a hundred miles an hour! I miss you and I love ya girl!!!

~~Charla~~

Glo said...

Hey girl you'll do fine with the move.I know it must be hard for you. Your such a sweet person that you'll make new friends in know time.We hope your migraines get better. My niece has them bad too.We'll keep you in our prayers.

Lala's world said...

oh wow...Hawaii....can I come?? I agree with mugwumpmom...you are moving to a place people LOVE to visit..me, well we moved to Northern BC...where there is snow and cold....not so many people love that! good luck with all you have to do