Saturday, July 29, 2006

I did it this time

First Things First

I have been meaning to send a special thanks to my friend, Shionge, in Singapore for the lovely gifts that she sent us! We love them and the magnet is placed on the refrigerator with all of the others! So again Thank you. Here is a picture of the gifts! My son is so excited to see the candy!


Ok I meant to tell you all this Saturday evening but I just did not have it in me! LOL. I wrecked Ray's motorcycle Saturday!!! We are ok. I got road burn on my left shoulder, forearm, hip, knee and ankle! Yes I slid across the road. Ray went over my head and landed in the grass. Don't worry I caught the bike with my leg. I now know what the weight of the bike feels like. LOL. Personal note: riding his bike is what we were fighting over the other day! See I told you it was silly. I want to learn how to ride the bike but I am afraid of it at the same time. I get scared when I turn the bike because it feels like it is falling and I can not keep the bike upright, which is what happened when we wrecked. I was turning onto the main road and that happened and I freaked out the clutch popped and we well we wrecked. I was so scared! Not to mention how bad it hurt! I felt my skin tear away from my arm. Can we say ouch!!!!!!! I did not cry but I did feel like I was going to get very sick. I did not but wow it was bad for awhile. We were about an hour from the house so I had no choice but to get back on the back of the bike so we could go home.
Ray was good about it! He was not mad, just glad I was OK. But the bike,which is only 6 months old, has the following damage: broken mirror on the left side, bent handle bars, messed up gas tank, and a little body damage on the side and I somehow broke his foot peg!!!!!
This is the worst part of the day: On the way home I was talking to God and it hit me like a ton of bricks, I always pray for safety, grace and mercy, and for Him to send angels of protection to be with us! This time I forgot to do so!!!! Yep the one time I forgot and I wrecked!!!!!!
Tonight when Ray gets home from work I will take pictures of the bike and of me so you can see my BOO Boos!


On a brighter note I am on day 38 without Nathan and he calls me three to four times a day to talk to me. He now says: "mommy are you ok? How is your arm? Is your knee ok?" He is so worried about me! It is so cute. But then it follows with something like what happened last night! "Ok good, mom we were all talking and Sami, his cousin, and Aunt Diane, and Punkin said that it would be ok after Sami spends two weeks here with me that I can go to Cleveland, Ohio to spend a week with them! Then come back to grandma's and spend like three days with them then I can come home, so can I please go spend time with them. Aunt Diane says she will take good care of me and you can call her if you want to!!! PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSE mom I really want to do this!" A little background on the family is that my Aunt Diane just lost her husband to cancer, they had been together since she was 14 years old. She is now in her mid 40's. She has 2 daughters and 4 granddaughters who love to go to my parents house to play! I know she would take good care of Nathan and believe it or not they all think that I am over protective of him and will not let him go! Which is true, he can stay at my parents but I freak if it is anywhere else. LOL. My mom says "it would mean a lot to them if you would let him go up there, they already have everything planned out" So yes he is going to Cleveland for a week!!!!!!!
I am going absolutely crazy here. I miss my son but at the same time I am glad he is having so much fun! I keep telling myself if he was here we would be paying 300.00 for one week of camp! yep, ouch that is outrageous I know... And he is having so much more fun there and its free. I will be honest and say that it has been very nice to have all of this alone time with Ray. When Nathan is here we do not spend any time without him so with that in mind I have fallen in love with Ray all over again this summer!

4 comments:

Lala's world said...

glad you are ok! I think you are brave to even attempt to drive the motorcycle!! way too go though! and I hear you on the forgetting to pray before you leave!! so important!

rena said...

Wow!! I am so glad you are all right. How scary for you. I think it's cool that you're wanting to learn how to ride. My mom went on a bike trip with my uncle and she's 64, though she never did the actual driving (riding?) My hubby and I talk about taking up riding...there's something about going on a two hour road trip for a cup of coffee. Anyhoo...so glad you're ok, and glad that Ray took it well.

Rena

Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

your post made me hurt! Everyone I know who owns a motorcycle has wrecked. I have never actually driven one myself, for that same reason you described, I have only driven a scooter and that made me nervous! don't forget your prayers!

Shionge said...

Hey I used to ride pillion on a motorcycle but just don't know why it freaks me out once I became pregnant and just refuse to ride on it now.

Glad to know you like the gifts. Take care.