Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I am so frustrated

Have you ever felt like your whole day was wasted? That you ran around and got absolutely nothing accomplished? Well that was me today! I recently got my mail from the move, the post office kind of lost some of it and it finally came to me today! Yeah right NOOO because it had 2 payroll checks and a deposit check in it that no one will cash for me here!!! It is too old. The checks were dated 4 months ago! So that is wasted money that I will never see! That is ok! I can get over that. But I told you all that I got that job that I had wanted, well now I just need to get them to tell me when I can start!!! So frustrating! I really need to start this job soon! Cash funds are really low and we all know how that feels.

So I would like some feedback on this please! (But first realize I know that God has this all under control and that maybe while I am telling you all this I will get the answer that I need!) Silly I know but it is nice to have someone to throw it out there to and just be like NOW thanks I feel better!
So here goes:
I applied for this job back in June. On June 14th they asked me to come in for an interview, so I did. It went well and she said that they needed to get with the head doctor and set up a time for the applicants to meet with the nurses and the doctors. She asked me to give her a week and then she would give me a call. Ok fine I understand and that is reasonable, right.
One week goes by and I hear nothing, so I figured since I did not get the job since I really was not qualified for the position and I new that. Two weeks went by and they asked me to come in on July 7th for another interview and I said yes. I was very excited and then we get called to go home because of Ray's grandpa. So I called them and explained to them the situation and she told me not to worry and we rescheduled the appointment. The interview went very well again and I thought that I had gotten the position and yet I walked away not knowing anything.
I waited and then the following week I call them back and I was told that she thought that I did get the position but she would call me back with more information. The following day they ask me to come in for another interview with the office manager. Which I did and by the way that was a waste of my time, she honestly just wanted to meet me! No joke that is what she told me!! She then told me that they needed to fill the position as soon as possible and she would call me in two days to let me know either way. I said great! That's when I found out that I got the job, which was last Wednesday. She said she would call Friday with more details. I get a call from there human resource department with the hospital on Thursday and I faxed her the appropriate paperwork, then nothing. No call on Friday no call on Monday, remember they were the ones who said they need to fill this position like now, yet they don't seem to be doing this!
I called them and asked what was up (in a very professional way) and she told me that they have a salary for me and we talked about that and then she tells me I need to wait for human resources to call me again!!!!
I could not be wrong but it does not sound like this office is run very well. But in the mean time I have another interview with another doctor's office on Thursday just in case! LOL.

So is this God shutting that door and opening up another one or is He just having fun watching me freak out and not letting go of the control and letting him deal with it?!? I know I am mess. PLEASE CLARITY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Or if you would just like to laugh at me and say poor little girl, she is just so precious! Stroke my hair and hug me! That would be ok too!!!!

Update on my boo boo's I am doing much better. I am not as sore as I was and here is a picture of the only open wound that I still have the rest of them have dried up!!!!

Ok blogger is up to its old tricks and it will not let me download the picture so I will try again later. Sorry

6 comments:

Shionge said...

Sure sounds like some communication breakdown somewhere in that organisation......hope they'll confirm something for you by the time you read this.

Yup, hope you are feeling better now.

Charla said...

LOL,,OMG Michelle I don't know what to tell you girl! It would be driving me crazy too! Hope they're not this slow on getting you your paychecks! LOL

That's crazy about those checks you got! Most banks I've dealt with will cash checks up to a year after the date on them. Maybe since it's a payroll check though! Hope they don't total much that you're losing!

I'm glad your booboos are feeling better! I'll ttyl girl!

Love ya,
Charla

Lala's world said...

hmmmm sounds like the office needs a new communication director!!!

as to what to do, I would ummmm hmmmm what would I do??? since I am in the same situation of waiting and sitting here saying um hello God remember me?? I need closure!! so.... ya I don't know! haha sorry this is lame!!
I don't think you are wrong looking for another job meanwhile, this office does look a little strange!!

Glo said...

First about the cks......I'd run them by a Lawyer. It never hurts to ask. It wasn't your falt the mail was messed up.
As for the Job.Don't know what kind of job it is,but sounds lack of communication or maybe they (in some odd way)they are seeing how you handle stress...
Either way I would just put it in the Lord's hands and let him handle it.
Love,Glo
p.s. the kid I wanted to bop, is now my best buddy.Guess he couldn't shake me up so he gave in and is being good.

someone else said...

Follow the process with the job possibilities. Maybe this other interview will be a totally better one. Keep the options open until you have the one you want most. There's nothing worse than being stuck in a desperation job that you really don't like.

rena said...

Hugs and hair strokes!
Actually, if it's a hospital, it's probably a huge buracracy, with many internal hiring hoops HR has to jump through, especially if it's unionized. When I was hired at a local City as their risk analyst, I went through 3 interviews, some personality testing, and then a salary review process...it took them a month to hire me, and it me 4 months to figure I didn't like working for them, and and quit.