Thursday, August 03, 2006

What a weird day

Well I am short on time today but I just wanted to give a real quick update on the job interview today: I went and the position is for a clinic and they said that I could work on some nights until 10:30. That is a long day for a doctor's office, I think. Plus you would work weekends. Call me crazy but dang!!!! So we will see. I have decided that I will wait until Monday and if I do not hear back from the human resource department then I will call back on Tuesday and see if I can go and get the packet on my own. What do you think is that being to pushy or am I ok with doing that? Please be honest with me....

You know how some people are blessed with grace to deal with situations and you just look at them and say how did you do that and be so nice and caring about it? I do not think I could do that,kind of situation. Well I had one of those today and it kind of surprised myself. Still not sure what to think about it! Let me explain.

A little while back Ray received a phone call from a girl in his past, she was crying to him about her problems, (yes she is a ex's of his!) He of course tells me about the phone call and my response was why is she calling you? That is not your place anymore. He said I know that and I told her that same thing. I trust him and all that so we were ok. But I'm not wrong in thinking that is not ok. As he is telling me about her little problem I say well if she calls again let me talk to her and I will help her, but he knows I always do this kind of thing. So now with saying that--today Ray comes home from lunch and says while he is holding his phone, remember when you said bla bla bla, well meet my ex!!!! He then hands me the phone and I say hello and hear this girl crying on the other end. I say "honey what is wrong?" She spills her guts to me about her situation. I at this point am really dumb founded at all this. She is a single mother of a small daughter and is involved in a nasty relationship and does not know how to let go of this man even though she knows she needs to. I talk to her for 45 minutes then tell her that I need to go and she asks me if I would please call her back, I said ummmmmmm I guess I can if you need me to, I take her number and tell her goodbye.

I get off the phone thank Ray while laughing and say thanks for the warning! LOL. He said I knew you would know just what to say to her, your really good at that kind of stuff and they really listen to you when you talk to them that's why i love you so much. Thank you baby!

So after my job interview I get back in my car and I start to pray about this and he simply tells me "If I hadn't sent someone to you in your time of need what would of happened to you?" After I stopped crying and said but God this is too weird for me that is his ex girlfriend. I got over myself and found love for this girl who needed someone. I called her back as I promised and got her address so I could send her some CD's that really helped me in my past and talked to her for an hour, this girl is not saved and I got her the name and address of a church she is gonna go to, and then she tells me "You know when I called Ray today something told me that I was gonna talk to you and that you had something that I needed, I could feel it, and I just wanted to thank you for talking to me!"

Now is that grace or what!

10 comments:

rena said...

That is total grace!! And you know what?? It'll knock Ray's socks off in reminding him why he loves and choose you!! That's what God is all about...building relationships where we least expect them. I think that is so cool!!

Lala's world said...

wow I got goosebumps girl!!
that is awesome! way to be obedient!!!

nao said...

That is grace in action, God's free grace from which we all benefit. Bless you for being available. I got goosebumps too. Pray I can be as obedient...
Nice weekend...

mom of 2 said...

That is soooo amazing!!! Brought tears to my eyes! I think God brings people into our lives for a reason!!

nao said...

Thanks for the stopover. Will stay in touch.

Charla said...

Wow...ok that's all I can think of to say right now! Double WOW!!!!! LOL Good job girl, that took a LOT of strength for you to do that! I am just in awww right now!

Love ya,
Charla

Michelle said...

Wow, that is so amazing. You are such an awesome person. That is wonderful that you obeyed God and did exactly what you should have done in that situation.

I don't think that you're being pushy at all with the job thing. I think that it is perfectly fine to go ahead and call and ask them about it. The worst they can say is no.

TJ said...

Hey Miz Michelle, I am just now getting back to returning my comments and saw you had showed up today! Thanks so much for coming by!
sounds like you are a gal blessed with a good head on her shoulders and a nice shoulder to cry on...I would like to come back and visit you more often if you don't mind!
:-D

Sandra said...

What an amazing story, and if anything it will remind Ray of another reason why he loves you so much.

It's not easy to be put in that position, especially with an ex and I know the first reaction is to explode, but you handled it so gracefully :)

Huge hugs to you,
Sandra

Glo said...

Awesome story Michelle...God works in all kind of ways and through kinds of people. Keep up the good work.
love and God bless,