Thursday, August 17, 2006

OUCHHHHHHHH

Wow what a week this has been! It has been a week full of orientation and let me tell you that they are making sure we are well informed... They have given us so much information, I am on overload now. I came home one night and Ray tried to show me something and he had to tell me like 4 times before I would get it. It unfortunately had nothing to do with nursing and since it did not I could not get it!!

My job is the one that I have been waiting on. They called me and set up a orientation date well when it happened it felt like it happened so fast. Funny since I applied back in June! I am working in a high risk children's hospital. It seems to be a great hospital, they are very good and caring at what they do. The girls in my office seem sweet. They put a huge vase of flowers in my office and signs are every where in the clinic saying "welcome Michelle, we are so glad that you are finally here!" How funny is that!

Real quick before I leave, the title of my blog today is ouchhhhh. This is because I had to get shots yesterday... I now feel sorry for the little ones that go and get a series of vaccines in one day! I had to get my PPD (TB), MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) because my titer was low and if that was not bad enough they then told me that I had to get another series of the Hep B vaccines because of the same thing (low titer), then I took the Tdap (tetnus, diptheria, and pertusis) Can you believe there is another out break of whooping cough! That is crazy! So I got a total of 4 injections one right after another. The Tdap and MMR really hurt when they get into your system. Of course my body did not react so well to this. By the time I came home I had a temp of 102. Aches everywhere and I had hives yes I am allergic to one of them. Which one I have no idea!!!! I feel alot better today but my arms are so sore!! Yes I am crying like a baby this hurts! I feel sorry for those little guys now! LOL.

Well off to work I go!

8 comments:

TJ said...

wow...that is quite a few shots to have to get at the same time :-O
Hope you get to feeling better soon!
:-D

mom of 2 said...

Sounds like you got a good job...that's great!! Sorry about all of the shots! I remember when my kids would get all of those shots in their little legs...felt so bad for them! Hope you are feeling better soon!!

someone else said...

Oh, ouch is right!!

I'm so glad the job is the right one! Good luck with it.

Michelle said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful job! I hope that you enjoy going to work everyday. Congratulations!

Shionge said...

Congratulation Michelle! Sorry though about the shots!

Lala's world said...

I had to get many shots before I went to Kenya when I was 17.... I couldn't sit properly in the car on the way home. so glad my mom drove me to get them done!!

glad they are so welcoming of you!

Sandra said...

Wow they sure gave you a lot of shots....but you know, it's all worth it since you got the job you were waiting on :)

Have a wonderful day Michelle,
Sandra

Glo said...

Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like a great one...with great co-workers. Sorry your shots made you sick. OUCH!! Hope your feeling better soon. Love and God bless.