Monday, August 07, 2006

What A Relaxing Weekend

Wow it is amazing how much better you feel after a relaxing weekend! We had such a good time this weekend, nothing major happened. We just got to enjoy each others company and it can't get much better than that! Did I ever tell you guys how Ray told me he loved me? We were only a few months into our relationship when he told me he loved me and before we knew it, we were moving in with each other only 4 months into it. Awww I know. LOL. This is will not be an exciting post today.

Friday night Ray and I simply made dinner at home and watched a movie, which is always a nice way to unwind. I sat and listened to him go on and on about the stresses of his week. Which he does a lot. We talked about it and I gave him the objective opinions that I am so good at, you know like well do you think maybe he is harder on you because he knows and expects better from you so when you give him something that is not right or messed up for whatever reason, you get a negative response and the other guy he just over looks (which is his normal). Your boss is always telling you how neat and how he likes how you have changed everythig right? I usually get a look followed with ok I can give him that! But it is very important to listen, this I am learning. Being able to put your stress aside and listen to his and make sure he knows that they matter is not something that always comes natural to women. We for the most part see them as the rock in the relationship if you will, and its easy to forget that men have stress and when they will actually talk about it you have to let them!!!! Hope that made sense! But anyhoo take that as free advice!!!

Saturday we simply woke up, he made me breakfast which is normal for us. I cook all week and he makes breakfast on the weekends. It works for us, but of course I don't work. We went to see Talladega Nights, the Nascar movie. I am not really a Nascar fan. I was out numbered so I had to get used to it. The movie was one of those stupid funny kind of movies. I was definitely a movie I wanted to see but I just do not think I would want to see it twice! We then came home jumped on the motorcycle and went for a ride, he drove, we went to an outdoor store yes most men's paradise!!! I think we spent two hours in that store! Me bored out of my mind. It was complete with an aquarium and rock climbing wall and more. We did a quick dinner and a restaurant near by, then home to grab the dog, and the car and off to the beach we go... There is just something about walking on the beach late at night! It is so relaxing, I love living by the water. We had so much fun with the dog out there. He did such a good job. I was so proud of him. Bo, is his dog. He played with his Frisbee and completely ignored all the other dogs and for a Pitt that is good and almost unheard of! We then came home and attempted to put Bo in the house and he noticed that I did not get out of the car so he stood by the door waiting for me. It was so cute! So when Ray tried to put him in his kennel he shot out the door and jumped in the car and got in the back seat and sat there so pretty. We tried to call him and he would turn his head and look away from us like I do not hear you!! The dog won he got to go get ice cream with us! What a spoiled dog!!!

Sunday was simply I cleaned house, as usual, and he fixed 4-wheeler! We did go to the craft store and I bought stuff to make candles. I am so excited so tomorrow look for pictures of the candles!!

I warned you nothing exciting in this post

This what I found on the refrigerator Sunday evening! Isn't he sweet!!!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me. I agree, there's nothing like a relaxing weekend with your SO. I'm glad that you were able to relax and enjoy the time together. I can't wait to see the pictures of the candles. I wish I was creative enough to do something like that, lol.

Lala's world said...

we went to see Talladega last night, we LOVE Will Ferrel and felt the same not worth seeing again we were mildly disappointed!

I also am a talker and have had to learn to listen.... I am still learning!!

TJ said...

We went to the movie too...definately a Man Thang!
I love Outdoor World...or wherever!!!
My mom has a sheltie named Bo!! He's my only brother...lol!!
:-D

rena said...

What a great note that Ray left you. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Good on you!!
We have a long weekend here, so I have today off. Yeehaa.

Rena

Charla said...

Hey girl, do you have to brag about going to the beach AND your man leaving you little notes? You're killing me here! LOL :)! Oh, was that before or after the little text he sent me from you? LMAO :) Just kiddin' girl! You know I'm so happy for you! If any one person has earned the right to be happy, it's you!! :)

Love ya bunches,
Me!

Shionge said...

I think it is sweet and nice to leave small little messages around for each other :D

Now I won't forget that too heeehehehe.....now must secretly hide one note under his pillow hahahaha

someone else said...

That was pure sweetness to read! Made me smile......

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Enjoy and relish every opportunity you have with your hubby. Smiles.

Courtney said...

Too Too sweet!