Sunday, January 07, 2007

I feel like my head is going to explode



This is a picture of Nate, Ray and I that was taken over the holidays. Just thought I would share it with you! I used to be able to put the pictures where I wanted them but now I can't seem to do that. Oh well.

Well first things first. Thank you guys for all the encouragement on the upcoming move. There is so much to do and I am still freaking out just thinking about it. But I went to the doctor and she diagnosed me with migraines and borderline depression. I laughed and explained to her what was going on and said "gees now I have a headache" I said so I do not think the depression is much to worry about. I will be fine with that when I move. She agreed after hearing my story! As for the headaches she gave me so very nice pills that seem to be working and some meds to help me sleep. Apparently migraines and lack of sleep go hand and hand. Since I hate taking pills I have not tried the Ambien but I know that it works great! I just hate to take pills!!

I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend, we have been busy as usual. Yesterday I worked from home for 8 hours and then Ray and Nathan took there remote control cars/trucks to the track to play with (they have a gas powered one and 4 battery operated ones) it gives them something that they can do together. But can I ask you guys something? Is this normal: Ray is not Nathan's bio dad, as you know, but it seems like every time Ray tries to do something with Nathan he bucks him in any way possible. It is like he can do nothing to satisfy him, its never good enough. Yesterday they spent the whole entire day together and things were fine, they both said they had fun, but as soon as I am in the picture Nate gets an attitude. I really think that Nate gets jealous when I am around. This morning we got up and had breakfast and Ray said Nate come on buddy lets go get our bikes and we are gonna go get Hutton (one of his marines) and go out for a while on our bikes. Nate thru a fit he didn't want to go. When Ray went outside I sat Nathan down and said "what is your deal?" I explained to him that he told me that he wanted someone that he could call his own, who would do things with him and not leave him out of the pictures and now that he has it he keeps pushing it away. He stopped and said with big tears in his eyes "no I'm not!" I then explained to him that Ray tries so hard to make sure that he is involved in everything that he does. I asked Nate to tell me how many times does Ray go Hang out with the boys and not bring him and he goes well he always takes me. Then I asked him why he was pushing him so hard. He told me he didn't know. But when Ray came back inside Nathan was a totally different kid. He told Ray he was sorry and the look of confusion on his face was pretty funny. So is normal or what? My parents are still together so I do not know what it feels like to go through what Nate is dealing with since his sperm donor is not in the picture. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Don't get me wrong Nathan is an amazing little boy, and I love him so much but he just acts so much older than he his sometimes he has so much knowledge beyond his years. Its kind of scarey, it easy to forget he is only ten when you talking to him.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I think that it's completely normal. My parents are still together too, but when my brother was that age he started the not wanting to hang out with his family time of his life. Of course he wanted to be included, and he liked doing things with our dad and everything, but he acted like he didn't want to be bothered. My sister is the same way right now. She's a little older than Nate is (16), but she gets really mad when we don't invite her to do things with us, but everytime we do she's too busy or she's making plans to do other things. I hope things ease up for you and that the meds (if you take them) work for you.

I like that pictures too, you guys look so good together!

Nicole said...

Love the picture. You are gorgeous girl!

I really don't have any advice on the Ray/Nathan thing. My parents are still together, and I think Nathan is older than my girls. SO the only thing I can say is I am sure it IS normal. I wouldn't stress out over it. He knows you are aware of it going on and I bet it will get better. Just give it some time.

Lala's world said...

How old is Nathan now? it could be age related too adding to everything else, my oldest has a sperm donor too, he is not in the picture THANK GOD...and sometimes I am not sure how she is really doing. She is almost 13 and we have been with her dad since she was a baby, he is all she knows, but there are times when she brings up what I call guilt episodes, I think they use what they can to get away with stuff and the fact that they have a sperm donor is so easy to use. Sorry if I am rambling here but I understand what you are going thru, well sort of in the female version anyways, and I think patience and love wins in the end.

Lala's world said...

oh and love the family picture thanks for sharing that with us

Shionge said...

Yo Michelle, that is an awesome pix you looked gorgeous!

Christina said...

I just read your comment on my blog and I want to wish you good luck on your move here. We have been here for 6 years now and really like it. At firsti it is a huge adjusment. Just like anywhere else you move, You know just getting to know your way around and everything, It's also very expensive, but you get cost of living allowance and it all evens out. Some housing is new and some old. Quite a bit of building new housing going on here. It is what you make of it though. I have friends who's husbands are all in different services so this is pretty cool. Not just one service, but all live together. I live on AMR (Aliamanu militry reservation) which has all services. Once you get here they will help you with all this stuff. The weather of course is nice. We don't have winter, but you get used to it. We get rain sometimes, but not ofter, although there are some years where it rains a lot, but not since I have been here. We had a few earthquakes, but nothing big on this island. One day this year all of Oahu lost electricity for a whole day because of a quake on the big island. That kind of sucked, but it was an interesting experience. All in all It takes awile to get used to. At first when I got off the plane I thought it was kind of shabby. The airport is nice, but it isn't in the best part of the city and right next to the highway for easy access, but once you see the beautiful beaches like Bellows you will love it. Anyway I will keep in touch with you and I will e-mail you some info. next month if you want like my e-mail and phone number. My hubby is in Iraq so don't hesitate to call or e-mail when you get here especially if you need any help.

Charla said...

Hey girl, I love the picture of you guys, it's soooo cute!!! Don't worry sweetie, I'm sure the Ray/Nathan thing will work itself in time! Nate's a very smart boy, sometimes too smart for his own good, lol but I'm sure as he gets older he'll realize that having Ray in your life is what makes you happy, and that will mean more to him then anything! Love you girl and always will!!! Don't forget me in Hawaii!!! :)

~~Charla~~