Thursday, May 24, 2007

Have you ever been busy doing what feels like nothing?

That's me!!! I have been so busy since last Monday and I feel like I have done nothing at all. I had so many errands to run that I completed, but the home life was so hectic. This is a picture into my life:

last Wednesday Nathan comes to me and says mom my throat hurts, no big deal right, he just came back from the Big Island and it is alot colder there than here so it would be expected to get a little cold, so I do not worry about it.

On Thursday I start bleeding again, and I was cramping so bad that my whole leg was hurting really bad. So I tried to hold off on going to the doctor and then I noticed that the baby had stopped moving, I hadn't noticed him move in over 4 hours. I should feel like 10 movements in an hour. So I call hubby while he is on his way home and told him that I was leaving Nathan at the house and that he does not feel well and I think he is getting a fever. I had given Nathan some medicine for the possible fever just in case and went ahead and went to the ER, I knew if I went they were going to tell me the same thing that they did last time and I was not wanting to go and sit there all night, but I did. I sat there for 6 hours and in the meantime Ray came to the ER with Nathan and told me if I was ok then he had to go back to work, so that left Nathan with me in the ER. Not much fun, but I knew that there was nothing that he could do at that point and I really do not like having alot of people in one small room like that so told him that I would call him if we knew anything different. So Nathan now has a full blown fever of 103.6 and has curled up on the little bed with me and went to sleep. I did the ultrasound and all of the other tests with Nathan asleep curled up in my arms. The techs thought it was so funny, I was not as amused! It ended up being that the baby was fine, he was just being lazy and that I had a really bad bladder infection again. This is now the 5 one that I have had. So I was put back on meds and told to follow up with the doctor on Friday.

Well by Friday Nate had told me he felt much better and that he wanted to go to school and since he had no temp I let him and then at 10:30 he was home again with a high temp. This time he is still complaining of a sore throat, but his throat only looked a little irritated and no blisters, so I started treating him for a cold, just some ibuprofen for the aches and pains while his temp was up... No big deal right, wrong, Ray had a family picnic that we had to been seen at, we all love these kinds of functions right. So we went and by then Nate's temp was gone again and he felt fine, so he played with everyone for 4 hours and he played hard! LOL It really was a nice time...(By the way I called my OB and told them what had happened and they agreed that if there were no new complications and I felt Ok that there was no need to come in again and to keep my appointment for the following week)



Ok I just lost the whole entire post! This is all that is left and trust me my week got so much worse, it had broken boats, stranded in the bay, a sick kid, a ER visit for me, a ER visit for Nathan and very sick kid, and an appointment for Nathan and I both that was not good.... I just do not have the energy to write this all over again... Talk to you soon....

3 comments:

Shionge said...

I am so sorry to hear this Michelle hope both of you are fine now.

Did Nathan get any antibotic when he consulted the doctor. Maybe the virus need time to go off otherwise the fever would come back again.

Drink lots of water and rest well ok.

someone else said...

I'm really sorry you're having such a time right now. I hope you get back to normal soon.

missalexxx said...

hey michelle sorry to hear you have been having such a hard time!! Hang in there girl you will make it!! Life throws ya curveballs but you learn to swirve! lol cheesy line i know but i hope it made ya smile. anyways i will pray for you! keep your head up and i hope you feel better! = )