Friday, May 11, 2007

Pictures that I promised!

Well as you know, we finally got all our of belongings here on the island, minus the boat. Which only means that we have to make room for everything! Which by the way is not happening... I am so upset over this.. Our stuff does not fit in this house. We knew we would have to get a different TV and things like that, but oh my goodness. The baby's room may not be just the baby's room and I am so upset over this. I know we have time to figure this out but not so sure that it will help things any! Ray is building the storage building outside, you know the one I said we needed instead of that stupid chicken coop! Which by the way here is the picture of it completely finished in our backyard, You can see our neighbors fence in the background, that is the fence that we had to pull all of the weeds from, you honestly couldn't even see the fence, so it looks so much better back there! We are still trying to get some grass to grow back there so we can then plant the flowers! I am so excited about that but one thing at a time right! First the house!

So just a real quick run down of how things have been here at our house: We received a call Monday evening telling us our belongings would be delivered on Tuesday afternoon. We still had all of the temporary furniture that the base had provided in our house, we had to get it out before they could bring our stuff here, so I make a mad dash to call TLA to have them come pick up our stuff. NO GO OF COURSE!!! They politely told me to leave it sitting in the front yard and they would come pick it up one day this week! Did I tell you that it rains here everyday? It does! So I call a friend who works on base who knows a guys who knows someone kind of thing and within 1 hour that problem was solved, the delivery guy agreed to come pick up our stuff at 0730 the following morning as a favor to the friend that I know! (You do not know how many times I have thanked my neighbors for introducing us to so many people who work on base, it is nice to have inside connection)
Tuesday arrives and the delivery man comes and picks up our furniture and gets it out of the way! So I then sweep and mop the floor one last time before the truck gets here, looking back that probably wasn't a good idea. The floors are so dirty now and it is driving me crazy! Here are a few pictures that I have downloaded to give you an idea what I am dealing with. It is so crazy around here>I am learning that it is the little things in this house that I did not notice when we had absolutely nothing in here, like the fact that in the kitchen there is no place for a pantry. NONE!!! You have to use the cabinet space which wouldn't be that bad if there were more than 5 cabinets in the kitchen, including the one under the sink! So we have no space for our kitchen cookware. Not to mention we only have two small shelves for our utensils. And I do mean small, I had to go buy little storage containers to put our utensils in because a tray would not fit in the space provided and our knives and such are still in a box waiting to find a home along with the measuring cups, and spatulas and more! They are still homeless. So no go on completely unpacking the kitchen, the attached dinning room has too many boxes so our table is still sitting in a corner and to be real honest with you each room in our house has a dilema attached to it. But I am certain if we tackle each room at a time we can beat this house! I know we can!

4 comments:

kbug said...

Small houses can be a real problem when you have more than two people living there.....hahah. I should know, I raised three sons in this less-than-1,000-square-foot house...and that's counting the attached garage..... :) And no, no pantry here either. Ain't it fun trying to fit things it.....lol. It is doable, though, I managed somehow and I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make it work, too.

But wow, what a view!!!

someone else said...

Moving has got to be one of the most stressful things in life! I hope the unpacking and getting settled doesn't wear you out.

Your pictures are great.

Michelle said...

I know it feels overwhelming, but just take it one step at a time. We've moved about 12 times in the past 4 yrs, so I know it's hard, but you can do it!

Glo said...

I know all this moving and being Pg can get to ya.....but girl your a strong W-O-M-A-N remember that and you can do this. HOOAH!!! This will make good stories to tell the little one when you move into a bigger house someday...and then you'll be like me wishing you had the smaller one, when your older and have to clean it.
If anyone can make it through this you will.
"HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY" sweetie pie.

Love,{{HUGS}} and God bless,
Glo