Monday, May 14, 2007

Mommy Talk




I came across this blog last week and I thought that it was so cute so I decided to join in this week! It is simply mommies talking about there pregnancy past or current. If you would like to join in or you would just like to read more stories the link is in my side bar under Mommy Talk.

The question is: Did you find out the sex? Why or why not? honest...did you have what you were hoping for?

I was only 17 when I got pregnant with my son, I was just out of high school and was enrolled to start college in the winter semester when I found out. I will never forget calling my mom, crying telling her what was wrong (I had already moved to the town that I would be going to school at and was working there until I started). I also had to tell her that my boyfriend at the time had decided he did not want to be a part of this and had left. Her only words were let me tell your dad and I will call you back. That was the longest hour of my life. I was and still am my daddy's little girl and he called me back and said its ok we will get through this, but you are coming home back your bag. I simply said OK! I was so scared. LOL...
Even though things were not like I had planned, and I had so many complications with him and I was not in denial I knew what I was getting myself into. I was still excited about my baby. I could not wait to find out what I was having, I was so excited about finding out that I could not have waited until my due date! I will admit that I knew right from the start that I was having a little boy, I somehow just new. I always referred to the baby as him or he. I only picked out a boy's name, I could never settle on a little girls name and when we finally got the ultrasound to determine the sex it was indeed a little boy! My mom was with me and she said "your dad will not believe this" I still laugh when I see the picture, the doctor circled it because my dad wanted a grand daughter so bad, and was just determined that it was definitely a little girl! So the doctor took a special picture of the baby with a note on the ultrasound that said "Sorry grandpa but I'm a boy and circled his private parts for him." My dad cherished that picture and could not be more proud of my son. He is truly my dad's pride and joy. On February 17, 1996 I gave birth to Nathaniel Wayne, he weighed 3 lbs and was 15 inches long. And today 11 years later I put him on an airplane to go to the Big Island for an over night field trip with his school. Where has the time gone...

Now with this pregnancy, my husband wanted to know what we were having but I wanted to wait this time and be surprised. I wanted a little girl so bad, this time. My friends did the ring test and said that it was a little girl and everyone said "I think you are having a girl" but my husband kept saying it is a little boy.
I had some complications on Easter Sunday and had to spend the day in the ER and when the tech came and got to get the ultrasound, I had no idea that he would then say those words, "Do you know what you are having?" My response was, "No" he then said "Well would you like to know?" I couldn't resist, so he told me without my husband being there. I am having another boy! I will not lie I am so happy about this and my husband likes to gloat that he was right! My due date is September 16th and although the picture was pretty clear we will see then if it was right.

8 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Very sweet stories. I love the part about your dad wanting a girl and how they told him on the ultra sound. Glad you joined in :)

Shionge said...

Thank you for sharing Michelle :) Whatever the gender, I wish you well and that the delivery would be safe too.

kbug said...

The only time I ever wanted to know ahead of time what I was having was when I had two boys and was pregnant for the third time. I wanted a girl so bad and I knew I would be upset if it was another boy...so I asked what the sex was. I cried all the way home, got it out of my system, and have loved him with all my heart ever since. That baby boy is the one who just returned from Iraq 6 months ago. Mothers Day was great this year, all three of my boys were home for the first time in several years. Sweet..... :)

missalexxx said...

YAY!!! A boy!! Aww. That is so cute!! I bet you are excited! I really admire your courage in being pregnant so young...that had to be hard but I'm sure it was totally worth it!! I'm excited to read about all your new baby stories!! I wish you the best of luck and health with the baby Michelle!! Take care!

Jann said...

Very sweet story! The part about your Dad brought tears to my eyes. How lucky you are to have such a good relationship.

Michelle said...

That is a good story! Congratulations on your second little boy!

someone else said...

Congrats on the next little boy! I hope things go smoothly from here on.

david santos said...

Please, it puts fhoto of Madeleine in your Bloggue

Missing Madeleine!
Madeleine, MeCann was abduted from Praia da Luz, Portugal on 03/03/07.

If you have any information, please contact Crimestoppers on
0800 555 111

Please Help