Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Getting caught up on my Mommy Talk!



So since I have been without the Internet for a while, I thought that I would answer all the questions that I did not get too answer as well! By the way I have missed my computer while it was gone.... Its actually pretty sad how attached I am too this thing. LOL

May 21:
Baby Names on your list...
What name did you chose, and why?


This is so easy for me! LOL. With my first son I knew right away that I was having a boy, I could just feel it and I knew that I wanted a Christian name for him. I quickly came up with the first name Nathaniel but the middle name was a little harder. I didn't want it to be a very common name and I had thought of names like James, Allen and so on and then my mom said to be me one why don't you use your brother's middle name? The more I thought about the more I kind of liked it. My parents named my oldest brother Gary Wayne and he goes by Gary and then my little brother was Barry Wayne and he goes by Wayne. So my son became Nathaniel Wayne and he goes by Nathan or Nate! But if you would talk to his doctors when he was little they all called him "Nat" because he only weighed 3 lbs. and was 15 inches long and the name Nathaniel was just too big for him.

Now as for the second one it was decided for me. LOL. As soon as hubby found out that I was pregnant he started telling me that it was a boy, he was right, I was hoping for a girl... But he then told me one night while laying in bed that if it is a boy that he would like to name him Joseph Cale. Joseph is his father's first name and his as well. The name Cale is just something he liked. I understood why he wanted Joseph to be his first name and I was OK with that but Cale took a little while to get used too. I like it now and even though my due date isn't until September our child has his name picked out for him...

May 28Th
What was your favorite maternity "could not do without" items?
(pictures are always welcome :) )


I really do not know what my favorite item would of been with my first pregnancy. Does a toilet count? LOL. I was so sick with Nathan and I think I spent the majority of my time with the toilet. No joke....

So far with my second pregnancy the thing I like the most is shorts with elastic.... I did not get very big with Nathan because he was so early and not to mention all the bed rest I spent most of my time in PJs. But with this one, anything remotely tight across my tummy kills me... NO buttons, No zippers, just elastic please! The baby is so active that he moves around so much and I need something that will move with me... I know it is sad but it is the truth....

June 4th
Birth Story
(include photos, or whatever else you would like)


My first pregnancy was not much fun for me. Like I said he was early and it came with alot of complications and alot of doctors telling you that your baby only has a 45% chance of making it and you will probably will not get to see him because they will have to take him to the other room to work on him and so on.... And not to mention I was 18 and his father had decided he didn't want to be a part of our lives. I had 3 days of labor that was induced. With no pain meds and I thought I was doing fine, but the doctor kept trying to get me to take the epidural and he convinced me that it was a good idea by saying that I could be in labor for 3 more days I decided that he was on to something. LOL... I gave birth to Nathan before the thing kicked in which was pretty funny. They think that making me sit up (I wasn't allowed to move because of my blood pressure)was all I needed... Go figure! After 3 simple pushes I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. He was 15 inches long and weighed 3 lbs even like I had said before... His APGAR's were 9 both times. The highest score is 10. So he did very well and the only problems that he had were, apnea, he couldn't suck and breathe at the same time, and he had a hypospadius. Which have nothing to do with him being early... We came home from the hospital a month later with a apnea monitor and a very tight feeding schedule and was told that he would grow out of the apnea and that he would learn to suck and breathe on his own... The hypospauis repair and hydrocele repair were both corrected with surgery when he was 10 months old. I know that sounds really dreary but it is such a long story and that was just a preview of the tale... I love my son and would do it all over again but I will be honest, it scared me to death and I was so afraid to get pregnant again for fear that the same thing would happen again. I waited 11 years before getting pregnant and hope this one turns out better.

My second pregnancies has had a few bumps but it is nothing like my last one and I was even told at my last appointment that she thinks I have somewhat of a chance of having a semi-normal pregnancy.

3 comments:

Shionge said...

Thank you for sharing your Mommy's story Michelle and it makes me recall mine too :D

someone else said...

You've chosen really nice names for both of your boys. They won't have to go through life pronouncing and spelling them for other people. I like them.

missalexxx said...

I have so much respect for you having a baby at 18. I have a few friends who have had their children that young and it's not an easy thing to go through! I'm 20 and I could never imagine having a kid right now! You are strong and you were blessed with a beautiful boy! I wish you the best on this second pregnancy and I'm glad that it's been somewhat of a smoother ride for you! I love the names too. Very cute. Hope your doing great Michelle!