Monday, June 11, 2007

New Friends, Old Friends sometimes means new hurts and old hurts!

When we lived back on the east coast, I had a job and I absolutely loved the girls that I worked with. There were 3 of them and we did so much together outside of work and so on. I loved them and I was so close to one of them I told her everything. Then I found out that we were getting stationed out here and we went to Florida to visit family before we left. Things were fine when I left and when I got back Nathan got sick and I had to stay at home with him a couple more days so I was not there, I called to see how my friend was doing and she was so short with me, I could not understand why but I didn't pay any attention to it. I returned to work a couple days later and she was still not being herself around me. Then all of a sudden the other two were acting just the same, so I ended up spending my last 2 weeks of work by myself. I got the cold shoulder from all of them and then they became down right rude to me, which in the long run, only made it easier for me to leave them...

I ended up just leaving as early as I could and so on, I would normally confront the situation but with everything that was happening at work and at home I just did not have the energy. I did email the girl and asked her what I did to her and what I could do to make it right. Which is normal for me. She never responded, so I left it at that. Then this week she emails me and tells me that it is in the past and she does not want to bring it up but she feels that I lied to her and again she said that she does not want to talk about it. The sad thing is that I did not lie to her about anything but at the same time, I feel like I have to respect her wishes, so I just emailed her back and told her that again I was sorry and so on.... It so frustrating, and not to mention that it hurts.

3 comments:

Shionge said...

Oh hugs to you Michelle and don't say sorry to them if you did not do anything wrong. They should be the one sorry for losing a friend in you.

Don't feel bad that they are no longer your friends, in fact from this incident, you 'see' the true colours of this sort of friendship that is not worthy at all.

Friends are supposed to hold hands and walk through life journey together in all the ups & downs and they did not so forget about them Michelle.

I am here if you need to talk :) Hugs again.

kbug said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds so highschoolish.....but unfortunately, some never outgrow that mentality. Don't be afraid to make new friends where you are now, though. Not all friends will be like that..... :)

Michelle said...

I'm sorry she treated you that way. Like kbug said, some people never grow up :)