Monday, June 18, 2007

Mommy Talk June 18th.

June 18: How were your first few weeks at home? Sleeping, eating habits? Any baby blues/post-partum issues?

My first few weeks at home were spent without Nathan. He decided to stay at the hospital a little while longer (like 6 weeks longer). I stayed at the Ronald McDonald House which was across the parking lot from the hospital. But when he did get to come home the baby blues were long gone and the sleep deprivation was still there. I had to do feedings every 3 hours, which were mandatory and he only 30 minutes to eat 2 ounces. Which sometimes he could not do... It was fun to say the least, he also had the apnea issue, so he could not suck and breathe at the same time. Which led to alot of praying and me trying not to freak out when he would turn blue on me. I never had to do CPR on him but it came really close to it a couple of times. I would flick his feet to startle him into breathing and then he would cry and the process would start all over again. I look back now and laugh at that but at the time it was not so funny as you can imagine.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I imagine that was really rough on you at the time. I pray that this baby is healthy and happy and gets to come home when you do. :)