Thursday, August 30, 2007

another baby update

So we went to my appointment yesterday and they hooked me up to the NST again, which is the non stress test for the baby. I was left on the machine for like 45 minutes instead of 20 like normal so that took forever. Then they all rushed in and kind of scared me, but it was only because they forgot about me. LOL.. Isn't that nice to know. LOL.... I gave them all a hard time about that. You know how I have been telling you that they have been monitoring my labs really close to make sure that I am not in any distress, well what they look for is a increase in protein, they call it spilling protein. It is usually high when your organs are starting to get into distress well I found out that mine is not too high, but now it is low! LOL How funny is that. Everyone has been freaked out because they were afraid it would be elevated and I would have problems and now I do not have enough... God really has a funny sense of humor doesn't He!

My OB Dr. came in the room and did her exam and I am 2 cm dilated and ready to go, just waiting on my body to do its thing. She told me to make sure my bags are packed (which they are not). She also did not give me a choice on being induced, she said the baby was at least 6 1/2 pounds now and she did not want me to get any bigger so if I have not had this baby by next Wednesday they would induce labor then! I almost freaked out. LOL yes I got scared.

This morning when I woke up I found out just what she meant, I have lost the "plug" that everyone has talked about and well now the contractions are getting alot stronger and I find myself counting them a little more now. I do not know if I will make it through the weekend at this rate, but with baby's you never know.

For now I am off to go make sure Rauy isn't freaking out again. He, I think is getting a little overwhelmed. Its so funny!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh no! I think a baby is coming soon:) That's what happened to me with Ty. I was fine until she checked me & them bam. I had him in 6 hours! LOL! Well keep us updated & good luck. I'm thinking of ya!

Michelle said...

oh how exciting to know a baby is coming soon! Sending you easy labor vibes :)

Jen said...

Have you heard from All that Blog lately? I saw your post on hers and thought I would try you. Good luck with your baby.

rena said...

Oh, I just returned from vacation to find you post - is baby here yet??? And what a sign of the modern times...a woman blogging just before delivery - very cool!