Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I've been putting this off!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
If you haven't noticed, I love pictures especially the animated ones. LOL... I giggle when I see them and that makes me feel better. So I stand before you today and tell you this is how I feel. Like a little baby crying.

On Saturday my family and I along with 2 other couples took the boat out on the bay, so I could see Nathan tubing, and water skiing. Everyone had so much fun, and I didn't get bounced around too much on the boat so I thought that I would be OK. I was wrong. I started cramping and had some spotting when I got home, nothing big just a little bit, so I was not too concerned since, this seems to be normal for me and this pregnancy. No big deal right.

But then I noticed on Sunday that the headache that I had 3 days ago is still here and it won't go away with the Tylenol. I pull out the old blood pressure cuff, just to make sure it's not the blood pressure that is causing the headache and it was fine. Which made me very happy. I then convinced myself that I was just over reacting and everything was fine.

So I go shopping for Nathan's school supplies while the boys were back out on the boat. Nathan and a friend, who is older than him, were fishing from the boat while Ray and one of his friends were under the boat scuba diving. They all had so much fun. They ended up spending 8 hours out on the water. Nathan got sea sick for the first time ever, I got a good laugh out of that since he thought that he was immune to that. They went out to the sand bar and played around out there for a little while so they could eat and get out of the boat so Nathan would feel better. Ray then took Nathan back out on the boat so he could try to go scuba diving too... he had him use the extra puffer so he could breathe and they played under water for a little while. I do not know who had more fun doing that Ray or Nate. All in all they had a good day which I was glad for.

Me on the other hand not so much, I started getting really dizzy and couldn't sit up. I got real sick to my stomach and vomited twice and could not seem to get over being dizzy. It was worse when I tried to get up, I think what scared me the most was I was sitting down when it happened, I wasn't moving around or anything just watching TV. Did I mention that I was home alone too.

Monday was the doctor's appointment and I didn't want to tell them but I finally gave in and told her about how I was feeling, everyone freaked out on me because of my history with Nathan. They were convinced that I was started the preeclampsia again and that made me even more nervous. I started crying as they were running all the tests and the next thing I know I am puking at the doctor's feet!!! Not what you want to do when they think you are getting sick! LOL... I laugh now but it was not funny at the time. My blood pressure was up a little but not much, but I am still good on all of my lab work. After crying and begging her not to put me in the hospital, she agreed to let me go home as long as I agreed to take it easy and that I would come back to the doctor on Wednesday to be checked out again. So I agreed.

Here we are on Wednesday morning and Ray wakes up at 0430 to get ready for work as normal, he normally tries to get ready in Nate's bathroom so he doesn't wake me up (he's so nice about that) and as I am laying there my nose starts running. I do the normal huffs and puffs and then I go to our bathroom and blow my nose. That is when I notice that I am tasting blood, so I flip on the bathroom light to find my face covered in blood!!! I had blood all over my face, all over the bed and I could not get it to stop. I try to stay calm then when Ray comes back in the room to see why I am up, he freaks out. So now I have to calm myself and him down. There was alot of blood and I could not get it to stop.... He tried to stay home with me and I tell him to go to work because its just a nose bleed and I would call him if I needed him to come home. He agreed and went to work but was not happy about leaving me. (seriously he is in the marine corp. can you imagine him calling his gunny and saying "sir my wife's nose is bleeding I need to stay home with her" he would get laughed at! I do not want to be the wife that can not take care of herself.) He then came back home and told me he was coming to the doctor with me today so I had to wait for him, I laughed and agreed to wait. He gets so worried, I try to keep him calm so he doesn't freak out on me but I have noticed that the closer it gets to my due date the more nervous he seems to get.

But after an hour of my nose bleeding I finally got it to stop. My blood pressure was fine so that was not the problem. My nose wasn't dry or stuffy so that wasn't the problem either. I really do not know what caused it. But I am sure today at 1:00 I will find out.

This is why I feel like a baby crying because yes, when I saw Ray freaking out I did start to cry. I know what caused that tho, my hormones.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey michelle, found your blog thru kayli. i hope everything ends up okay-- i'm praying for you.

--lala

Courtney said...

My blood pressure always went sky high with all 3 babies but with Shannon I had nose bleeds constantly. It would terrify me. I finally read in one of my many books that it was normal. Something to do with the membranes.
Hope you feel better asap!

Kayli Marie said...

I hope everything is okay with you and the baby!