Monday, April 16, 2007

Hello! Well it is Monday afternoon here and it is in the high 80's and all I keep thinking is they say this is the cold months! I can't believe it. Since we moved into this house, we have had the windows open and the fans going. I am not so sure about all of this... LOL

We all had such a good weekend! Nathan and Ray got rid of the forest in our back yard. So the neighbors have called it.. I really do not think that, the back yard has had much attention in a very long time. Ray and Nathan pulled out 6 old trees with the jeep, by the way Nathan was driving the jeep while they did this, it scared me to death..... I thought I was going to have a heart attack watching my 11 year old jump in the drivers seat and drive when he has never done that before... He did a very good job, I must say! So they pulled out weeds, trees, and veins that had been there for the last 12 years! Nathan also got to run a chain saw for the first time ever too. Yeah that one truly caused some stress to the baby. Ray watched him very close but still it scared me. Those things are so dangerous. Of course I was told by my son to let him be a man...But anyway the yard was a mess. They managed to clean the back yard out in 2 days! The neighbors were all so happy! As you can only imagine. They also had to put some kind of local weed killer down so the veins will not grow back, it apparently keeps growing and because no one took care of it in our yard it spread to the next 4 houses and they can't get rid of it because ours was still growing.. LOL... See why they were so happy!

While the boys were doing that I attempted to paint the border in the living room a dark brown, which I was against. By the time I had finished one room, I managed to convince everyone in the house how much of a bad idea this was. So now they want to paint the walls a darker color to match the trim, I went on strike, I am doing no more... LOL.. I will just have to get used to the dark border because I am not painting anything else. I refuse!

Saturday evening were invited to our neighbors house warming party, and we had so much fun. We live in an area where they are all locals except us! Peoples families have owned there land for generations. There was probably 50 people there and we new only the neighbors who invited us. I got a crash course on names and can only remember two of them and one of them has the same name as mine.... How convenient was that! These people had three tables full of food! I had never seen anything like it before in my life! We had such a good time. I learned alot about the food, and let me tell you how different it is! I seen stuff that was not cooked, things that had suckers on it (octopus) and so much more.. The only thing I recognized was the hot dog and hamburger section! I tried what I was allowed to eat and what looked liked it was cooked! It was all very good! I learned that you have the Hawaiian, Japeneese, Phillipines and some Korean cultures to learn. I would tell you some of the names of the dishes that I tried but like the peoples names I can't! All I can remember is that what we call octopus, is called squid here and the locals call it "taco". All of the fish have different names here so I have no idea what I am trying. I had to have a translator explain all the food to me, it was so funny! She was very nice and patient with me....

The other odd thing is, well not odd, just different is that all of the kids call grown ups auntie and uncle. So I now have an extended family of little kids calling Ray and I aunt and uncle. Which by the way only makes it harder when you are trying to match up the family tree! Its all one big family here and it is kind of nice. I am learning family is very important here, which is such a nice relief. It's the little things like we are not weird now for never having cable here, no one around here has it, its more family functions then watching TV. Its kind of nice for a change.

I have to tell you this, Nathan was invited to go spend his summer break in Maui with one of the grandma's daughters. She has a huge horse farm there. I have known these people like 2 weeks and they invite my son to spend a month with them. After getting home and Ray and I were talking, the sad thing is, I would trust these people with Nathan more than I would most of the people that I had known for a year in Virginia. Its crazy!

Updates on the baby are as follows: No more bleeding and only little cramping which is to be expected considering where my placenta is hanging out at! I go back to the doctor next week to find out more. I will keep you posted!

Thank you all for the kind comments that you had for me regarding my last blog. Ray and I are getting along alot better now. Maybe Christina was right and its the dreaded military move story and mine was just really bad. But it had better not happen the next time we move....

3 comments:

Charla said...

Hey Michelle, I'm so happy things are going better for you guys now! I'm sure Nate had A BLAST helping Ray out in the backyard! He's growing up so fast! What in the world happened to the little 3 year old who would climb up on your lap with a fist full of books and ask you to read them all!! LOL He's always been a good kid though, you've done such an amazing job with him Michelle! I've always admired you for that!!!

It's great that you're getting to know your neighbors, and they've in a sense taken you guys under their wings! I'm sure Nate's sooo excited about his invite over summer break!

I'm glad you and baby J are doing better too!! :) Hopefully I can get away and come visit you guys after he's born! God, that'd be GREAT!! We can make some Spinach dip (Mmmmm!) and just vege!! LMAO!! Those were the good ole days!! :)

Anyway, take it easy and let me know how your Dr. appt goes!

Love you guys!!!
~~ME~~

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that things are going better for you! I couldn't believe how nice people were in Hawaii when we went there! You, the baby, Nathan and Ray are all in my prayers.

Shionge said...

Thank you for the update Michelle and glad that you are all working out fine.

What a fantastic gathering with new friends Mic and can see that you have a good time.

Hmm..I want to travel to Hawaii someday and I'm sure we'll meet someday too :D