Thursday, April 26, 2007

My latest appointment was a waste of time!

Ok I had told you guys that I was to be seen by my OB in two weeks to check the placement on my placenta (to see if it had moved) which is what we were told would happen. Well we get there and an ultrasound never happened. She decided to wait 4 more weeks to see if it has changed any, and if it hasn't then I start the bed rest and so on. But in the meantime, I had to give some more blood to see how many kidneys and liver are doing, which she said I will do every 2 weeks until I deliver. She is also making me collect urine for 24 hours, which by the way is so much fun! This is just to make sure that my organs are not in any danger. So at least I can say that she is trying to prevent Help Syndrome from hitting me again... Which I am thankful for... She told us that I am showing signs of distress now and if we can keep my blood pressure under control hopefully it will not get that bad this time...
So are you saying what was the good news? I can say that the baby is still moving around alot, she could not get his heart beat because he would not stay in one place long enough to time it... Which was kind of funny! Ray had never heard the baby's heartbeat before, so he enjoyed that. He has only been there for the ultrasounds, go figure! She also told me that I am loosing weight instead of gaining (I have no idea how) but that the baby is measuring bigger than he should be, so it is ok that i am not gaining, but we need to keep an eye on that as well... Girls I am telling you I feel like I eat all day long... I eat a healthy breakfast, then around 10 I eat a snack of some sort, yogurt, fruit or something, then I eat lunch around noon or so then a snack with Nathan when he comes home from school and then dinner... I am eating, so I guess the baby is taking it all from me.. the little pig!
Oh I almost forgot, I did ask if I could go back to work and I was told yes, but I can not lift anything over 20 lbs, I can not push anythign over 10 lbs, and I have to be aloud to sit every 4 hours and put my feet up so I can rest for 20 minutes! I was like I am a nurse how is that possible, she said yes I know but you have to be able to do that. Ray and I just looked at each other and laughed, we both know that is not going to happen... I think what I will try to do now is get a secretary job of some sort! I really do not know what else I can do at this point! But at least this may get me out of the house for a little bit until the baby is born!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Sorry it was a waste of time. At least she's trying to prevent you from having such a hard time though :) I hope that you're able to find a job that will allow you to do the resting that you need, a secretary job would work great! At least you can sit and do most of the work. Good luck!