Thursday, June 01, 2006

Are you laughing yet?

">" border="0" alt="" />
OK Ladies sit down and prepare to laugh! This week has been one disaster after another and I can still sit here and laugh and tell you I had so much fun!

Friday was Ray's birthday and since he has spent some much time in the field I decided to do something fun for him, stuff he would like to do. So after opening his present (an ipod) that was wrapped a total of 6 times, it ended up in a printer box, Nathan loves that! I made him his favorite dinner then we were off the dirt track for the race. The track is about 45 minutes from us and after getting all the way over there, we found out that the race was just canceled because of some freak thunderstorm that came thru! So on to plan B. We went to blockbuster and rented a movie. Then went to bed to prepare for the weekend!

Saturday we all woke up and Nathan decided that he wanted to cook breakfast for us! With Ray's supervision he made scrambled eggs with, cheese, onions, banana peppers and more. He did everything by himself including chopping the peppers. He was so proud. While they were doing that, I began the packing for our camping trip that we were doing! When our breakfast was finished Nate yelled for me to come and get it. LOL. He informed me that if I wanted toast I had to make it myself! I did not have toast for breakfast. After we ate we all got showers and packed up the car to leave and then something told me to check the balance on my debit card..... So I went to get it and it was GONE! After freaking out and telling Ray I began the mad dash around the house, we looked in all of my jeans, which was the last place I remember putting it after I got gas, we looked in the washer, dryer, closet, and the car and not to mention I think I tore everything out of my purse 5 times just to make sure! With no luck I sat down to call the bank and ask the question "has anyone used my card in the last 12 hours?" Thank God no one had used the card so I put a freeze on it so that no one could use it and it would give me time to find it without waiting to get another card! So now at 6:30 p.m. we are off for the camp ground! I know kind of a late start right! The campgrounds were like four hours away, so we called them and asked them to please leave the gate open for us and the assured us that they would. After getting lost, we got to the camp grounds at around midnight and yep you guessed it the gate was locked and there was no way to get in, trust me tried. It was pretty funny! Now finding a motel was not that easy, because everything within 3 hours of Charlotte,NC was booked because of the Nascar race that Sunday, which was the reason for our trip! At about 3 a.m. we found a roach motel to stay in and yes I did say roach motel. But it was that or sleep in the car! Instead we slepted with the roaches! Honestly it wasn't that bad.

Bright and early Sunday morning I hear Nathan say "mom I'm hungry". After only 3 hours of sleep for us and probably 6 hours of sleep for him, he was ready to go! I convinced him to watch cartoons for a little while longer and we then got up took showers and started again. Breakfast in the car and off to the races we went! We got there around 11:30-12:00, and when we parked we had to walk 20 minutes to the track! Now the race did not start until 5:40 and it was already that crowded. Man there was a lot of people there! A lot! We walked around all day and played and had a really good time... It was really hot and of course I said, no I do not need sunblock I never burn! Ladies all I need to say is ouch so burnt am I!!!!! LOL. So after seeing a few cars crash, Tony Stewart going to the emergency room for a chipped shoulder, and of course Kyle Bush's little temper tantrum, he thru his collar at some guy because he made me wreck my car!!!! Kasey Kane won the race..... Poor Nate, this was his first race and he was so tired that he fell asleep in my lap at 10 laps to go. He watched those cars go around that track 390 times before falling asleep. Yes I woke him up to let him see the finish line.. You gotta see all the smoke and donuts that the winner does! After the race we made a mad dash for the car and was on the road again!!!! We drove until 3 a.m. just to find another room.

Now most would think that I had seen enough right! Wrong on the way home Monday we get a call and his mother is coming to visit on Tuesday!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR! Now I got laundry and cleaning and so much more to do before she gets there! Not to worry I got it done and we enjoyed our visit.

Now my marine is back in the field, Nate is in school and I am just too tired to care!! I think that I need a nap. LOL


Oh and I have a job interview for next Tuesday so yeah me!!!!!!!

Hope you guys enjoyed my weekend

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Shewww! I'm tired just reading it....lol! Sounds like a typical trip with our family! Glad you had a good time though.