Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It won't stop raining

Most of you do not know this but my son and I used to live in Florida, right in the panhandle. Which is hurricane capital of the south. LOL. I can say that because I was there. We were there for Ivan, Dennis, Katrina and many more in between those. That is where I met Ray. Since living there it has changed my thoughts on hurricanes, it is now a little bit more personal if you can understand that. When I started hearing about the very first named storm of the season appearing after only 9 days into the season, I got a little worried. Then I found myself going over the plan in my head: I need to go to the store and get some water and snacks and do I have batteries here? Then I laughed at myself because even tho we are still by the water we are now 15 hours away from that storm. Old habbits die hard I guess. Then later on that night we were watching the news and I saw that same look in his eyes that I had earlier today. After I few giggles from me I said to him. "Your thinking about the list aren't you?" It made it so funny when all he could say was "it feels wierd doesn't it!" But now I know what I hated about the little storms, is all the rain that comes after them. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! It has rained all day long and not just rain but its gonna flood kind of rain. Its so depressing.

Anyway on a lighter note, I had planned to do this for my tackle it tuesday post but it has not been completed yet so I decided to show what I have gotten done so far.. I have to go get the O2 tank filled and get it fixed. We have someone how got involved with a group of people who like to paintball fight. Which is kind of fun.. It kind of hurts too. LOL.. But the boys were putting so much money into the supplies that Ray decided to go to ebay and get his own tank then just fill up all the little tanks, It really works out to be cheaper in the long run. I hope so anyway! A-ha!

So here is a picture of the tank before now I would like to tell you that I have completed this task but since it is now Wednesday, you have guessed right, it has not been completed. The part is now in but since it is raining so hard they can not do anything with it because they have to do everything outside. So I am now waiting for them to call me back. I will keep you posted... Now just in case you are wondering, the big tub behind the tank is all of the guns and paintballs, then the air freshner can is there so I can get rid of the smell when they bring them inside. It smells so bad, its a mix between dirty marines and wet paint! LOL.

I thought that I would give you an update on Nathan. he is still grounded and it is killing him. (Today is the last day) But Ray just found out that he has to go back to the field on Friday for another week! (i'm not complaining, its only a week) But then the guys get liberty for the weekend because of the parade that is going on in D.C. this weekend. So yep you guessed it, I am drivign up Friday evening to get Ray then we are heading for D.C. for the weekend. So now we get to stay there the whole weekend plus see a parade. See God has a way of rewarding us! Even if it feels like punishment at first! Just thought I would share that with you all!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It will be wonderful if you're able to go to D.C. and see the parades! I hope it stops raining soon, or at least travels to my neck of the woods, we sure could use it here!

rena said...

Can't imagine what it would be like to live in an area so accustomed to hurricanes etc. Was watching the developments of the storm on our local newscast. I'm glad it peetered out. As for rain..well, the westcoast of Canada is practically a rainforest, so we all have webbed feet and go quack quack.

Shionge said...

Hey I know what you mean about hurricanes and getting prepare as I was in Alabama/Florida last year during this period so it is better to be prepared.

Enjoy your weekend :D

Nicole said...

I have never been in or near a hurricane, but after Katrina and all of it's damage I will never look at them the same again. So I can't imagine ever being in one.

I am having a hard time feeling sorry for you because it is SO dry here in Texas. What I would gice for just one day of rain!!!!!!!!
I do hope it stops where you are just so you can use the new paintball stuff. FUN!!

Courtney said...

Hope the rains ends soon but you know what I think you need???? A little vacation! Yea, go stay with Charla & then you guys come meet up with us & hang out.
(No little birdie told me to say this either....lol!) Really though it would be so cool to get together!