Friday, June 09, 2006

I Passed the test

Hello to all. I have an update on the job interviews that I went on Thursday. For me it will be a big fat no... Let me explain. You go into an interview with confidence, for the most part. I went into this building not even knowing what kind of position I was applying for, remember they called me. After I fill out the appropriate paperwork I find out that I am applying for a nursing position in a OB/GYN research center. First red flag for me. I love babies but hate working in the OB/GYN field. I have tried that once before and hated it.. I was already there and thought I would at least complete the interview. By the time I was sitting in the conference room and talking to the human resource lady I was so sick to stomach and just felt so uncomfortable. Some will understand this completely but when God is trying to get your attention about something, He will do it in such a profound way and this was mine! LOL. I almost felt dirty sitting in that room. I later found out that they deal with abortions and some stem cell research as well as alot of other problems. Now I will not judge for someone else decisions or beliefs but for me this was just something I knew I could not be a part of.

I walked out of that building and by the time I got to my car I was almost in tears, I truly felt that uncomfortable. I started talking to God while I was driving down the road, which is normal for me. I asked Him simply why? His remark was "you said it was in My hands I just wanted to see if you would listen!" OUCH! Good thing is I passed... He showed me that even tho I do not see a job in my near future, which is stressing me out big time, He is still in control and with Him by my side how can I fail and not be protected. It was a very humbling experience.

Just so you know, yes I do look like a fool going down the street hitting my steering wheel crying and just talking away to God. I tell people that we get into fights all the time in my car He just always wins.. LOL... You know what I mean by that too, "Why me God why" I try to do what is right and she doesn't and she always gets what I want" "I just don't understand" type of fight....

On a lighter note it is Friday and we are off the dirt track races tonight if weather permits and then Saturday we are going to take a road trip to D.C. for the day of adventure. Nate hasn't seen D.C. in 6 years so he has forgotten a lot of what it is like and Ray has never been there so it will be fun for me to watch them be shocked and amazed. I hope you guys have a great weekend and I will post pictures of our adventures soon...

6 comments:

APE said...

look like your coming my my. We live about 60 miles from D.C, however we are still considered the D.C metro area. To bad you don't have more time there are a lot of wonderful things on the outskirts of D.C to see. Alot of history in this part of the world. Have fun and enjoy

Courtney said...

Maybe this was God's amazing way of telling you yes you need a job but be patient & the right one will come along. It will & not in a place like that. I got chills as I read your post.I do not blame you for how you felt. Take care & have a great weekend. Enjoy yourself girl!

Charla said...

Hey girl, be patient, the right job will come along when it's time. Have a great weekend in D.C, and be safe on the roads! Love ya girl!
Charla

Michelle said...

I'm glad that you listened to God and what He wants for you. He might not show you all at once, but He will lead you to the way that you are supposed to go, just keep listening.

rena said...

That driving and arguing with God thing??? I do that!! It's particularily awkward in traffic, when the tears are doing the Tammy Faye thing down the cheeks and the person in the car next to you is really really curious!! Much of my talking with God is in the car...time to get tinted windows!
Great post. A job is out there...God has it all lined up and it'll be just right! Keep on trusting.

Rena

Shionge said...

Hi I hope you are feeling alright now. Just want to send some cheers to you from sunny Singapore.

Take care.