Sunday, June 18, 2006

Our trip to Washington, D.C.

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all the comments We had so much fun.. I am so tired from the hours of walking.. But all worth the adventure! So let me tell you that we started off by leaving at 10 A.M. only to sit in traffic for 90 minutes and we only traveled 30 miles... Can you say frustrating!!! LOL. Ray has a little tolerance for traffic jams when there is no reason for one. So I spent that 90 minutes rubbing his neck just to relax him! LOL. I know that is sad, you can tell me that!! But we got there and we had such a wonderful time. Here are some of the pictures: This is by far my favorite view in the city. This is standing at the top of the Lincoln Memorial. I love this place, for some reason in the mist of the crowds, there is so much peace with him sitting behind you There he is, sitting so proud overlooking the city! I have no idea why I like this statue so much but I do.
I had told you early this week that Ray was going back out to the field, but that had changed for like the 15th time. The guys in his company that did go were all running around in groups, we caught up with one of his "paintball buddies" while we were there and finished the rest of the day with him! Sometimes it is hard to find people in the military that you want around your kids and I have been blessed with this person, he is such a good friend to Ray and is so good with Nathan. Nathan thinks that Mike is his own personal play gym...LOL This is the picture of all three of the boys looking to see if there were any of there family members on the Wall. They looked thru this book forever! LOL. It is funny to watch them with Nathan, he somehow becomes "one of the boys" and sometimes that scares me! While walking thru the park on our way back to our car we stopped to looked at a squirrel! Yep you heard me I said squirrel, I am from the mountains and I have seen all kinds of squirrels, white ones, brown ones, gray ones, but not a full black one! The park is full of them, we were so amazed by this. The little squirrel was trying to get food out of a baggy, and it was so funny to watch him try. At one point he had the bad stuck on top of his head and the little guy just freaked out! It was so funny! I know that sounds absolutely stupid to some but it was so cute!
This is his annoyed look, with "will you please leave me alone, I am trying to do something here" look!!!!!!

We honestly had so much fun. I did not know this but the very first marine Corp. building was in Washington D.C. it is called 8th and I. Because it was on the corner of 8th street and I street. Go figure! We looked for this building and trust me it is there but we could not find the dang building! We gave up! It was so funny! Maybe next time we will find it! LOL.

4 comments:

Charla said...

Hey, I'm glad you had so much fun. I wanna take a trip there too. It's been so long since I was there, and even then I didn't get to do any touring! Talk to ya later!
Love ya,
Charla

Shionge said...

Wow what an awesome shot! Great Job. I can see that you all have fun.

T!ff@ny said...

Great pics. I went to Washington when hubby got out of boot camp. We had a great time and I would like to go back some day when I can spend more time there!

Michelle said...

I'm glad you finally made it there. Sounds like you had a great time.