Friday, June 02, 2006




Wow this was entirely too hard! LOL Thanks for the help on this slide show... I tried to do this thru rock you.com but for some reason it did not work and then I saw this one on another blog and decided to try it and for whatever reason it worked yeah me!!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcomes. I honestly only did this to comment on a friends blog not knowing that I would start to like to read about everyone's daily chaos! lol.

Well it is now Friday and my son is on a field trip today! He gets to out on a boat today and he is so excited!!!!

Just one question for all the mamma's out there........ When did they start teaching sex ed classes in the third grade? My son brought home a request for him to be present for the class. I was a little shocked to see that. Granted since I am a nurse he pretty knows all he needs to know, (in the past if he would ask questions I would give him the honest answer, we did not do the birds and the bees route but he knows the facts...) it was kind of funny to watch him it took probably about 2 months of him asking questions then saying "Oh my goodness that is just terrible mom please no more" before he got through it....Can we just leave it that mom was pretty stressed and freaked out those long months.... Not fun for me.. But what do you do? My options were tell him the truth and he knows he can trust me or tell him not to worry about that right now and he then finds out from some older kid on the bus, which is what I did. I can tell you that my son is a firm believer in waiting for marriage, he has no problems telling you that you will hurt your heart more in the long run if you do not wait... Which I am happy with.. He's a smart kid.

But anyway that was a rabbit trail if there is one.... Back to my question.. When did they start teaching this in the third grade?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

OH boy, I don't even want to think about that. My daughter is starting second grade this year and just the other day she came up to me and said "I don't want to watch tv, there's too many people having S E X".....she spelled it out for me LOL

I was shocked!!! I think kids learn way too early, whoever and wherever they are hearing it from is just baffling to me.

rena said...

Where I live they started teaching it in grade 5...grade 3 seems way too soon. If you keep an open dialogue with you kids, you can't go wrong...

Wanted to say thankyou for visiting my testimony site..your comments are encouraging.

And welcome to blogland..I'm fairly new at it as well. I went back and read yours, and you're right..it's addicting!!

I'll be back.
Blessings

Rena (peaceMkr)