Thursday, June 29, 2006

I miss my son

Ok we are working on day 6 without Nathan and I miss him terribly! I try to be strong and let him stay at my parents as long as he wants. He doesn't get to see our family very often. This is his time to spend time with our some 150 family members, and that is no joke there is really that many of us! We are a huge family!!!!

BUT I MISS HIM AND WANT HIM HOMECrying Into Tissue Or is this me I am not sure but I am not having a good morning with this! LOLPouty

I'm sure that it helps when he called me last night and says,

Nate: "Mommy will you come and get me please, I do not want to be here!

Me: Why is that buddy what's wrong?

Nate: Erik is always telling me what to do and I am tried of it! I can't take it anymore and Grandma believes him and not me! I do not want to be here anymore!

Me: Nathan! Erik is your cousin and you need to try to figure out a way to get along with him! He loves you and you know that

Nate: "I really do not care! and if he is gonna be that mean to me all the time then he doesn't deserve my love!"

After I tried to pick my mouth up off the floor! I had to tell an already crushed little boy to get rid of the attitude he was having and to let me talk to his grandmother.

It ended up being that the boys were fighting over bubble gum with the neighbor boys! My nephew is older than Nathan and he tries to make sure everyone knows this so there is no confusion and that creates alot of trouble and no fun for my parents! I convinced Nathan to go for a ride with my dad on the 4-wheeler so they could spend some time alone and then things would ease over! I feel sorry for my parents because they do not diffuse these situations very well, which leaves me trying to do it from the phone! Yes my parents are push overs, and they have no intentions on changing! And of course that leaves me being the mean mommy and Aunt in the kids eyes! If I could only count the times I have heard from Erik "gosh Aunt Shelle can be so mean, I'm glad she's not my mom!" LOL. But who does he call when he needs help his mean old aunt! LOL.....

I am sure that this helped me last night too. Remember I had told you that I went through some old stuff at my parents house when I was up there! Well I found Nathan's old baby stuff that I wanted to keep! Now that he is 10 years old and seeing all of his stuff I want another baby so bad! But I have some pictures to share with you! They are of 2 outfits that he used to wear, they are only sleepers but they were so cute on him!


Nathan only weighed 3lbs and was 15 inches long when he was born, so nothing fit him! I do mean nothing! This is actually a cabbage patch kid outfit, remember those! It had so much pink in it but it was the only thing I could find that would not swallow him whole!



The next picture is what he wore when he was 5 months old... That is still a 0-3 month outfit that you are looking at!

And of course this is Nathan now! You would never believe that he started out so small would you!!

Ok I give up on these pictures! I am trying to download them and for some reason it will not let me is anyone else having this problem today or is it just me?

I will try to post the pictures later!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry that you're missing him so much! I hope that he had fun riding the 4 wheeler though. Hopefully the time goes by really fast so that he comes home to you soon.

rena said...

He was a wee baby. My BooBoo was a premee wee one too. Looking forward to the pictures. And yeah, I can relate to missing him. Kel often spends his summers up at my uncles ranch and I miss him terribly when he does.

Nicole said...

Awww, I'm sorry he is having a hard time at your parent's house. I think that I am going to be the aunt like you are. And there is nothing wrong with that. It would TOTALLY hurt my feelings though if my neice said that I was mean and she is glad that I am not her mom. HURTFUL!! Anyway, it sounds like you dealt well with the situation. So good job. Keep your chin up!!

Shionge said...

Hey Michelle, like you I found it so hard to contain my emotion when I travelled overseas without my kids coz I missed them so much.

Thank goodness there's auto-roam for mobile phone so we communicated all the time.

Hope you'll see him soon.